Top 15 Sites to Attract Money with your Photos
One of the best artistic expressions is capturing still moments on photos just so you can review and savor each beautiful memory. But what about those hundreds of top scenic photographs you took on a road trip or your island adventure that you have no use for? Why don’t you put those images to work and make some money?
Below I share the top 15 sites and apps that you can use today to earn commissions and/or royalties on your photography. I have use and tried some of these sites below and I can say that these sites are legit, easy to use and fun. So check out my favorites below and make cash to add to your savings fund or for holiday shopping!
Make Money on Your Digital Photops
1. Alamy– Upload your digital submissions and you can earn 50% of each sale.
2. 123RF– When someone downloads your image, you earn 60% commission!
3. Animals Animals– Love to take photos of animal and/or nature? Make up to 50% commission. Review their guidelines before submitting.
4. Crestock– Commission earnings are ranged from 20-40%. Rates are figured on a progressive scale and are based on the number of images sold since joining.
5. Cutcaster– offers competitive royalty rates, earn up to 40 to 65% for each credit spent.
6. DepositPhotos– Depending on the license type when your image submission is uploaded and its resolution, commission is earned and is influenced by your level as an author and your websites’ status.
7. Image Vortex– Earn up to 75% of the license fees from sub-licensees. Level of commission is dependent on whether your content has been resampled, resized, or cropped.
8. 500px Prime– According to their website, thirteen million photographers list their stock images. You'll receive 70% net for every license sold (standard licenses are $250), and your images may appear in big-name ad campaigns if you submit them for commercial licensing.
9.MY FAVE! ShutterStock– Make money with not only your photo submissions, but your video clips and illustrations as well. You can earn up to $120 per image download according to their website. In addition to 30% royalty on video clips that are brought by customers. Rates will vary depending on the subscription plan, type of vector and exclusivity.
10. SmugMug– For a small subscription fee, you can upload your photos and design your own layout to display your work. You set your price and you can earn up to 85% of the markup.
11. MY FAVE! StockFood– Something for the foodies! If you like taking digital photos of your food like I do, you’ll definitely enjoy this opportunity! StockFood accepts images from awesome food photographers and videographers. Check out their submission guidelines so you get an idea before snapping.
Make money using Smartphone Apps
12. MY FAVE! Clashot–(Apple & iOs) This smartphone app allows you to earn royalties for each photo sale at 44%.
13. Foap–(Apple & iOs) Upload your photos on this app and earn USD $5 each time someone buys your photo. The catch- fellow Foap users have to rate your images positively in order to have your photo published for sale.
14. Twenty20– (Apple & iOs) You can earn up to 80% commission on single photo submission licenses and earn 20% commission on subscription plan licenses.
Make Money on the Gram
15. InstaPrints– You can upload your Instagram photos and get paid! Upload to InstaPrints to evaluate your prices. When a customer buys your print, Instaprints finalizes the details so you can earn cash. Payments are made once a month in the form of a check or via your Paypal account. Only available to US residents at this time.
You got a photo moneymaker site to share that I haven’t mentioned? Share in the comments!